Salzburg University of Applied Sciences offers its 3.000 students a first-rate academic education with practical courses, a strong focus on research and plenty of opportunities in the following disciplines: Engineering, Business and Social Sciences, Design, Media and Arts and Health Studies. With its international outlook and focus on innovative research and teaching, the university is a pioneer of future-oriented solutions for business and society, particularly in the dynamic subject areas of technology, health and media. Find out more at www.fh-salzburg.ac.at
We are advertising the following full-time position for teaching and research on the joint master programme Human-Computer Interaction:
Professorship for Human-Computer Interaction (f/m)We are seeking a committed advocate for the various areas of human-computer interaction – including user-centred conceptual and design processes, software ergonomics, accessibility, perception processes etc. – for both teaching and research activities.
You have completed a university degree and have in-depth practical experience as well as research achievements in the field of HCI. You are able to design and implement interactive systems and services in a systematic and method-based manner. This includes the ability to independently program software using state-of-the-art programming-models and languages. Experience with interface design and in the area of design thinking is also desirable.
The advertised position focuses on modern, practical teaching and applied research. We expect you to have a relevant doctorate or equivalent qualification, to be active in the HCI community and to be able to demonstrate this by way of relevant publications.
We are looking for a committed individual who is keen to pass on their knowledge to young people, conduct application-orientated research and play an active role in structuring and developing the degree programme.
- Teaching on the joint master programme Human-Computer Interaction and the bachelor and master programme MultiMediaTechnology for up to 16 contact hours per week, predominantly in English
- Supervising bachelor’s and master’s dissertations and projects
- Acquiring and conducting research and/or practice-oriented projects
- Academic and organisational cooperation within the degree programme
- Involvement in the further qualitative development of the bachelor and master programme
- Establishing and developing the degree programme’s scientific and business partnerships
- A completed university degree (bachelor, master) and a doctorate in a relevant subject
- Specialisations in at least one of the following areas: interaction design, user experience design, usability testing, virtual /augmented reality, digital health or HCI and artificial intelligence
- Several years of relevant professional experience outside of further education
- Several years of university teaching experience
- Outstanding technical skills and propensity for collaborative work in multi-disciplinary tasks
- Exceptional knowledge of German and English (level C1)
- Excellent communicative and social skills
We provide optimal working conditions in a dynamic environment with an ultra-modern infrastructure and an attractive setting.
We would particularly welcome applications from female candidates for this teaching and research position.
FH Salzburg is committed to diversity and equality. Candidates with disabilities will be given preferential consideration should they meet the suitability requirements.
PerksHours: 40 hours per week
Location: Urstein campus
Start date: to be agreed, but no later than 02/09/2019
Salary: from EUR 55,000.00 total gross annual salary (Salary level according to qualification and profes
Professorship: The term FH-Professor / FH-Professorin is awarded by the FH-Kollegium in an academic procedure independent of the contract of employment. The provision of the required evidence in the fields of teaching and research is required.
Start date: by arrangement
Closing date for applications: 11.04.2019